Email Marketing - Part 2
Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2014
In our first part of this series, we discussed what an effective tool email marketing can be and the best ways to increase subscribers. This brings us to the next process – opting people in and segmenting them.
First, we start the Opt-in Email – An Opt-in Email is sent to people who have not yet accepted a continuous subscription to your newsletter. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Have an eye-catching headline to intrigue the reader.
- Assure the client you respect their privacy and opinion. Let them know their information will not be shared and they will be able to select the frequency and types of email they receive.
- Graphically brand your email as an “Email Club” and use content to create exclusivity.
- Incentives – Why should they join?
- A prize giveaway!
- Receive exclusive email-club-only deals.
- Get insider secrets to local hot spots
- Make it easy to share their new club using social buttons and a place to sign up friends.
The next step in the process is Segmenting. This is the action of dividing your audience into groups according to particular criteria. The final part in this series will review ideas on creating your own marketing segment. Stay tuned next week!